Thread: trillion records data size and source time

Geek_Guest

trillion records data size and source time

Question asked by visitor srinivas

Hi, this was interview question faced in Accenture that how many days you take for your source for trillion of records, how much data size, in general how many days take for trillion of records and its size?

Noel Lastra

Re: trillion records data size and source time

Hi, this was interview question faced in Accenture that how many days you take for your source for trillion of records, how much data size, in general how many days take for trillion of records and its size? ----

In my opinion, size of the records is just 1 factor in determining the processing time, depending on your environment, the nature of the processing (business requirements), offcourse the more transformations the longer it will take. Therefore if we will remove all the transformations needed and we'll just based our answers on size of the records, then we can just compute as if in a single day it can process 1 billion therefore it can process a trillion would be a 1000 days ( i am not sure of my equivalency here).

I am the DON
    Answers

Re: trillion records data size and source time

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    Question asked by visitor srinivas

Hi, this was interview question faced in Accenture that how many days you take for your source for trillion of records, how much data size, in general how many days take for trillion of records and its size?

I think some part of the question is missing to give a perfect answer...!
    Please reframe the question...

I agree with Noel explanation but based on the environment and database, it can be processed pretty much less duration what mentioned by Noel.

For better info on this, please reframe the question..!

Sanghala

If you are satisfied with my reply. Please click “Thanks” button which increases the reputation and can serve you better.