Thread: Where must I install Load runner, in the web server machine or in my machine?

Answers

Where must I install Load runner, in the web server machine or in my machine?

Hi all,

I'm new to Load runner, I've used the trial version Load runner 8.1. But I have a question: Where must I install Load runner to test performance, in the web server machine or in my machine?
    Please, answer me. Thanks for your help.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Where must I install Load runner, in the web server machine or in my machine?

You should install LoadRunner in your machine. i.e the machine where you are going to conduct the performance testing.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-

Answers

Re: Where must I install Load runner, in the web server machine or in my machine?

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for ur answer. Another question, I want to monitor Window resource in the web server, so which kind of monitor engine must I add, is it Sitescope?
    If it is Sitescope, I don't know why after add measurement, I get the error: Monitor name :Windows Resources. SiteScope service on machine '192.168.199.246' is not available.
    Pls answer me, thanks a lot indeed.

Expert Member
    Answers

I am sorry. I have no complete idea of the installation process.

Expert Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haiintel View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to Load runner, I've used the trial version Load runner 8.1. But I have a question: Where must I install Load runner to test performance, in the web server machine or in my machine?
    You have to install Load Runner in the Local machine, i.e. from where you need to conduct the Performance Testing

Contributing Member
    Answers

As per my knowledge, Its better you install Only VUGen in your machine and keep controller and Analysis stay in one machine.

Say if n no. of users are scripting LR Scripts. Then its totally waste in getting the license for controller for all n no. of users.

The best solution is to install only VUGen on every machine and install controller on one machine. So that we can map to that machine and run the scripts for load test.

Arun*

Answers

Cool Re: Where must I install Load runner, in the web server machine or in my machine?

Quote Originally Posted by haiintel View Post
    Hi all,

I agree with Ajun you would want to write your scripts on your local machine
    your controller should be on its own box the only thing I would add is that maybe if you can have the Analysis point to another machine or file server or shared folder so that you do not have to use the controller to get your results if Multi projects are using the box if its a heavy test it can a few to put it all together.

Contributing Member
    Answers

As the Controller is the only licensed component of LoadRunner, it needs to be on a seperate machines.

VuGen can be installed on any machine that has network access to the application under test. Generally, companies have several VuGen machines on the same network. This should be the same network as where the LoadGenerators are installed.

Analysis can be installed on any machine as all it does it translate already created data into pretty graphs.

Answers

You should install on the machine that has browser access to the application. You might want to refer to Wilsonmar website on the architecture in detail (which requires sometime to digest) or my site, LoadRunner TnT for a brief description on the architecture.

Regards
    papayamilkshake
    LoadRunner TnT @ http://loadrunnertnt.com