Thread: Pls help me What are my mistakes!

Answers

Pls help me What are my mistakes!

Hi,

Two days back I attended an Interview for Non Voice technical support.
    I got shortlisted in two rounds.
    In the second round itself they fixed salary and discussed about transportation and leaves.
    Then in the last round, I mean third round, Two HR people were there.
    They asked me about me and their company.. I said..
    After that he saw my CV There I put Testing tools as my skills.
    Those people asked me why you are coming to BPO side?
    You know testing know, You can go to testing side? I said, I'm not interested in Testing.
    He asked Then why you studied Testing?
    What to say... I cant say proper answer..
    So, I got rejected in Final round even after fixed salary.
    I dont know exactly whats wrong with me..
    Pls you people guide me, What are the mistakes I did there..
    So that I can rectify next time.. Pleas Help me..

* In my resume I had put Reference. he asked who is he. I said my cousin.
    * He asked me About BPO... and What is BPO people's job exactly.. I dint answer for that....
    * He asked me again and again about testing, as you can go to that side know..
    * And now I'm working in my cousin's company in Data conversion. I put that in resume.
    I joined there before one month back.. He asked why you are leaving that job?
    These are the things in my Interview... Pls help me what is my mistakes in that. Pls

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Pls help me What are my mistakes!

You have done not just one but a couple of mistakes in your interview process.

You could clear the first 2 rounds coz they found you fit to handle the responsibilities of the job you applied for. After this, they intentionally talk about salary, transportation and leaves to make you aware of what they can offer you. You told them you are not interested in testing, then why did you write about it in your resume. You can show such advanced skills if it is going to be of any use for you in the job you applied for. In your case, your testing skills are absolutely useless for the job you applied for. You couldn’t answer for why you studied testing. It gave them a hint that you are confused with what you want to do in your career.

Giving your cousins reference shouldn’t be a problem, but it is advisable to give your seniors’ or superiors’ reference. It shows that you maintain good interpersonal skills with your seniors and superiors.

You applied for a BPO job and you couldn’t answer for what is BPO people’s basic job.

He asked you again and again about testing means he wants to know how good or interested you are in testing. I am sure you must have answered very interestingly for questions about testing. This shows that you are capable of handling BPO jobs as you have cleared first 2 rounds but you are not suitable for it as your interest lies in testing.

Does your current job of Data Conversion have anything to do with the job you have applied for? I don’t know. I am asking you because I don’t know what it is. What I mean to say is, show only those skills/experiences that are useful for the job you apply for.

You joined your current job in Data Conversion just one month ago and now applied for BPO job. That shows you are not stable at one place or one job. What is the guarantee that you will not go for testing job after you join BPO. You may have given a lot of thought before applying for BPO job and might have decided to be in BPO for the rest of your career, but how can they believe it.

So, there have been a couple of variations in your resume, your experience and your application. Testing, Data Convention, BPO, Technical Support and I don’t know what else. I hope you understand what I am trying to highlight here. This is my honest opinion about what mistakes you have done. I have no kind of intentions to point out your mistakes. Take this as feedback and do well next time.

When you are applying for a BPO job, you should not show your advanced technical skills/experiences in your resume. Your resume should show only those skills that are useful for the job you have applied for.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-

Answers

Re: Pls help me What are my mistakes!

Thanks for Ur reply Sutnarcha...
    I'll follow ur guidence in next time.. Today only i got mail from them mentioning tat i was not short listed, and i could not apply for 6months...
    Anyways, thanks for ur reply and advices..
    Pavan