Thread: QTP- Object repository & Re-useable actions

Answers

Talking QTP- Object repository & Re-useable actions

Can someone please explain me about the re-usable action in QTP?
    Also, Per-action and Shared object repository - with examples?

Tks,

Rags

Expert Member
    Answers
    Quote Originally Posted by raghu.para View Post
    Can someone please explain me about the re-usable action in QTP?
    In a QTP script you can make any number of actions you want.
    When you want to reuse any flow or scenario which you have put in one of the actions you just go to Step -> Action Properties - > and just check the check box "Reusable Action".
    Then call this action into the new QTP scripts where you need this flow by going to Insert -> Call to Existing Action -> in the new Script

Benefit of this is you dont have to again write the same lines of codes in the other Scripts as well

Also, Per-action and Shared object repository - with examples?
    Per-action OR is the one that is created when you record something or add objects manually to the OR.
    Now, when you save this OR to some Location, this OR can be used by some other Script as well.Then its called a shared OR Just browse and add the OR from "Test -> Settings -> Resources ->".
    Benefit of using Shared OR is that you can reuse it again and again.

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 05-19-2007 at 04:55 AM.

Answers

Re: QTP- Object repository & Re-useable actions

Hi,

Is the re-usable action can be called between applications or only for that application?

What about different modules in one application is this possible for re-useable action?

Please let me know.

Thanks for the reply

Raghu

Expert Member
    Answers
    Hi,

Is the re-usable action can be called between applications or only for that application?
    Yes, they can be called. For eg.. if you are automating something in Oracle Forms then in between you have some Web part, we can reuse any existing action which will deal with them. Just that there interface should be correct.
    Only thing you have to ensure is that there is a constant flow and no exceptions should come up

What about different modules in one application is this possible for re-useable action?
    Yes, this is again possible.
    In reusable actions you just need to just keep the functionality which are to be reused later in some other navigation also. This can be in any module as well.

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 05-19-2007 at 04:55 AM.

Answers

Hi D,

I am sorry to say "D", i am not sure what is your name. Thanks for your reply and the information you are sharing. I really appreicate you help.

Regards,

Raghu

Note: If i have any other questions? do you mind sharing.

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi
    surely you can share your questions. Keep Posting