Thread: How to run .aspx page stored on another system?

Contributing Member
    Answers

Smile How to run .aspx page stored on another system?

I need to run one .aspx page which is stored on another server, which has no ASP.NET installed, on the network. ASP.NET has been installed on the server from which I'm trying to run that file. But when i run it by using both network path ie \\server\share\filename and map path y:\filename, it returns error message which seems permission issue. So, Do I need any special settings to run .aspx file stored at remote location from a server on which ASP.NET is installed and working fine?

Answers

Re: How to run .aspx page stored on another system?

Hi,

Generally when we run a program in our machine, our url looks like below:
    http://localhost/webapplication.aspx
    where webapplication.aspx is the name is the aspx page.

If you want to run the page which is in other page, specify the machine name instead of localhost.

http://machinename/application.aspx

Note that in order to happen this start server services in both the machines.

Regards,
    meg.

Answers

Arrow Re: How to run .aspx page stored on another system?

type the ip address of the machine and give the url in address

Answers

Dear Friend,

i have the same problems that how to build web site (i mean more than one .aspx document in one folder) and run on the server

I user build options, but i can't able to run on the server.

help me please,

Thanks in advance
    Adarsh Patel

Answers

you can better try:
    -- goto run -> type "inetmgr"
    -- you can see your application name and amny properties.
    -- in that, you can use your index.aspx or any file as your starting page and provide a map path.
    this may help you

Answers

you can use ip address of the source machine. but you may get error again at times. if so, try to supress the firewall in the source machine if that is not acting as a server.

if the source machine is a server, then "http:\\\index.aspx" will help you or by using ip address.

if you are using like "\\ntwr-path\folder\file.aspx", it wont run because, by default web applcn are registered as service at "iis" and then it checks for valid url. in your case, it is not running though you have .cs file in that location, as that file is not registered or the application on the whole for that location.

Answers

what is asp.net