Thread: script for combobox

Answers

script for combobox

Hi

I am New to Qtp tool.My project is Client Server application developed in Java.How to pick the data from the drop down list box. At the run time it does not capture the data in the record, because the QTP is unable to recognise the Drop down combo box. Is there any code for that (Descriptive programming).Can any one solve my problem plz. Java add ins loaded in the application. I compared all the properties using both the Object Repository and Object Spy. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks,
    Livetek

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: script for combobox

Hi,

Can you give me that two lines of script (pertaining to combobox)?

Thanks,
    Ganesh

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smganesh View Post
    Hi,

Can you give me that two lines of script (pertaining to combobox)?

Thanks,
    Ganesh
    JavaWindow("z! 3PL").JavaList("Air Dim Factors").Click "#0", "Unit", "Cubic Meters/Kilogram"

Contributing Member
    Answers

why don't you try with "Select", like

JavaWindow("z! 3PL").JavaList("Air Dim Factors").select "#0"

Regards,
    Ganesh

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi,
    If it is a Java application y dont u try this kinda scripting i mean descriptively!!
    For example,

Browser("GapWeb - News - Home").Page("GapWeb - News - Home").WebList("favoritesCommand").Select "Vendor Profile"

I have done this and it works fine likewise..so jus' try n let me know if it wont work ..
    Identify the Browser ,Page & Weblist name thru object identification process

Answers
    hi,

Browser("GapWeb - News - Home").Page("GapWeb - News - Home").WebList("favoritesCommand").Select "Vendor Profile"
    We have tried in this way, but at the run time it scips the particular column without data & without any run time errors, it passes.But this column is mandatory in the table, with out fill that column we cant save that row that is the problem.
    We tried in this way, plz check this and give me suggestions
    JavaWindow("Z!3PL).JavaTable("Air Dim Factors").JavaList("Air Dim Factors").Select "Centimeters³/Kilogram"

At the time of recording play back, qtp generates the script for that column as

JavaWindow("z! 3PL").JavaTable("Air Dim Factors_4").SetCellData "#2","Unit","Centimeters³/Kilogram"

At the runtime (obj is disable)it gives the following runtime error "The test run cannot continue due to an unrecoverable error.

Cannot identify the object "Search" (of class JavaButton). Verify that this object's properties match an object currently displayed in your application."
    We compared all the properties using Obj Repository and Object Spy & Smart Identification.Plz any one help me how to write the descriptive programming for java object(Create, Delete, Save, Search) and combobox (drop down list).
    I will appreciate if anyone solves my problem

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 09-18-2007 at 05:30 AM.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi Livetek,

Just try writing this kinda script

Browser("Title:=GapWeb - News - Home").Page("Title :=GapWeb - News - Home").Weblist("Name:=FavouritesCommand").Select "vendor"

So just try identifying the object properties of the Browser,Page&Weblist like name ,title ..
    Replace the above script with your script ,U can also use name,text,window id in addition to Title mentioned above
    Hope this helps u, try n lemme know

Thanks,
    Kamal

Answers

Raghav kamal post is useful.

Even I am using the same and it works.Don't know why it's not working for you.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji