Thread: LOAD RUNNER _VIEWSTATE value

Answers

LOAD RUNNER _VIEWSTATE value

Hi,
    IN recording an web based application using Vugen, a dynamic value _VIEWSTATE is generated for every page. please let me know how this could be captured.The record version is throwing error if when tried replay with dsame VIEWSTATE value.
    Please advise
    Thanks

Re: LOAD RUNNER _VIEWSTATE value

VIEWSTATE: ViewState allows the state of objects (serializable) to be stored in a hidden field on the page. ViewState is transported to the client and back to the server, and is not stored on the server or any other external source. ViewState is used the retain the state of server-side objects between postabacks.
    Hence, If you are replaying a script, you need to correlate it.
    You can do this by:
    1. Having ViewState autocorrelation feature on
    2. Manually correlating ViewState by inserting required Left and Right boundaries.

Answers

Re: LOAD RUNNER _VIEWSTATE value

I've previously posted in my blog with regards to VIEWSTATE (below link). VIEWSTATE can be a pain to work with me but not at the point of impossible. VIEWSTATE can generate a very long string that requires you to change the maximum paramter lenght to capture overtime. And this when during a load test may vary.

http:// loadrunnertnt DOT blogspot DOT com/2007/05/scripts-viewstate DOT html

Also VIEWSTATE is an encrypted value that changes. A deeper explanation can be found in the article I've written.

Lastly, in my experience working with ASP.NET apps using VIEWSTATE, it may not necessarily required to correlate VIEWSTATE.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Hs
    http:// loadrunnertnt DOT blogspot DOT com

Smile Re: LOAD RUNNER _VIEWSTATE value

Quote Originally Posted by smoin View Post
    Hi,
    IN recording an web based application using Vugen, a dynamic value _VIEWSTATE is generated for every page. please let me know how this could be captured.The record version is throwing error if when tried replay with dsame VIEWSTATE value.
    Please advise
    Thanks

Hey
    Viewstate is a variable in .NET applications that holds the state of variables on a page when you click on any button. It has a unique value every time(you can imagine why)...Simply correlate it wherever it has been passed. without that, your script wont work properly.