Thread: How to hide a chart when no data found.

Geek_Guest

How to hide a chart when no data found.

Question asked by visitor
    Hi All,

Can anyone help me how to hide a chart when no data found.

Eg:What i have done i created a list and place a chart in list and equal the queries, master deatail link i have created but iam not getting the exact format of the output.

i created a chart as x-axis ordermethod,measure-revenue
    i need all order methods and revenue will come in single chart but i am getting each one order method for revenue.........

if anyone know this problem, plz reply the answer..
    thanks in advance

Answers

Smile Re: How to hide a chart when no data found.

R u working in Siebel Analytics?
    Could u explain ur requirement in detail like what u r taking in X and Y axis and what kind of output u want?

Answers

Re: How to hide a chart when no data found.

Hi guest,

I think you are talking about Cognos 8 Report Studio.

You can create a boolean variable with condition which evaluates your measure value in the chart(such that quantity < 0).
    Then click on your chart, go to Style variable. Choose the variable we created above from the popup window.
    Now, click on Conditional Explorer then on "Yes" option of our variable. The Explorer Bar turns green meaning that now whenever our variable value becomes true (ie., Quantity is < 0) then we can do lot of things with our chart now.
    There is a property called as "Box Type". If you set it to "None", the object for which you set this becomes invisible.
    So, now for our chart also we sett this to None. After this double click on the explorer bar. The explorer bar color is changed to normal now. Conditional formatting is set now.
    Run the report and check if it is really working or not.

Answers

Re: How to hide a chart when no data found.

yeah..the above solution given by sandeep is rt..I have done such type of a requirement.