Thread: Error when Integration QTP 9 with Quality Center

Answers

Error when Integration QTP 9 with Quality Center

Hello all, i face the following error "check testing tool installation" when trying to launch qtp from mercury center.

Installation Description

The quality center is installed on a remote server. The qtp is installed on my pc and works fine (i'm able to create and run tests) i've installed the quality center addin in qtp. I've activated in qtp options the authorization for other mercury products to launch the scripts.

Issue Description

In quality center, qtp_testcase is proposed as a test case type. Then in the test script tabs, i've got a locked qtp screen (keyword view and so on) with two buttons first one is to launch the qtp testing tool , this is the one that triggers the error second one is to launch the addin info screen & settings , this work well : product name: quicktest professional quality center add-in product version: 9.0. Product id: product build: operating system: microsoft windows xp service pack 2 (build 2600) ie version: 6.0.2900.2180 patch information is empty

Request for Help

do you have an idea what may be wrong ? i was thinking about : a missing environnement variables ? a wrong security settings in internet explorer ?
    for information, it's an academic concurrent license for qtp and qc so i don't have direct access to mercury support. thanks before hand for your help

Last edited by Manakel; 02-22-2007 at 05:02 AM. Reason: More user friendly layout is required

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Error when Integration QTP 9 with Quality Center

Try in uninstalling it once and then install again. I must have been some installation prolem

Answers

Re: Error when Integration QTP 9 with Quality Center

Hello,

Yes! its something like that.
    Basically, the reboot (part of the installation) had resume with a non administrative user right.
    So i had to reconnect on the exact administrator user that started the installation to finish the process.

Thanks