Thread: Open defect count

Answers

Open defect count

Hi , I'm newbie to QA.Can anyone please explain me what is open defect count with an example?

I really appreciate your help.
    Thanks,
    prasu

Answers

Re: Open defect count

Actually open defect count is Test matrix to track the log of defect.

You may have your own dimensions that you will count defect per day or per week.

If open defect count is more means there is problem in defect fixing, or there are more new bugs found as testing is done.
    It create positive record for tester and negative record for developer..

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Thumbs up Re: Open defect count

As per the name says Open Defect count means the count of the Defects that are in the open stage. Count of defects in open stage is calculated in a project to make the develpment team to fix the defects earlier. If there are lot of defects opened, then the stability of the application will minimize. So in order to increase the stability of the application, the count of open defects were taken, and appropriate actions were taken to fix the defects.