Thread: i need some comments

Answers

i need some comments

hi
    i have little knowledge about computers. i know a little bit of C++, those loops. And i know i am very strong in it and love it.

i am currently doing first year engineering from one of the best colleges of pune, India. But if u r an indian, then u probably would be knowing our education system. It teaches everything except wat is important. And thats why all graduates are trained for months in companies they join, before they can do any good work.
    i dont care about marks. And passing requires 2 days per subject.

All i want is good knowledge of computers and all other skills that big computer companies require, as quickly as possible. i just dont want to waste time, i have wasted enough.
    i have figured out some solutions.
    1. joining some computer course like NIIT.
    2. work for any certification. i have heard that microsoft gives some.
    3. read books, and study mostly on my own. (did C++ mostly through this way).
    These ideas just popped up in my mind. I dont know which is better. please give me some advice. please....

Answers

Smile Re: i need some comments

Quote Originally Posted by watsgoing View Post
    hi
    i have little knowledge about computers. i know a little bit of C++, those loops. And i know i am very strong in it and love it.

i am currently doing first year engineering from one of the best colleges of pune, India. But if u r an indian, then u probably would be knowing our education system. It teaches everything except wat is important. And thats why all graduates are trained for months in companies they join, before they can do any good work.
    i dont care about marks. And passing requires 2 days per subject.

All i want is good knowledge of computers and all other skills that big computer companies require, as quickly as possible. i just dont want to waste time, i have wasted enough.
    i have figured out some solutions.
    1. joining some computer course like NIIT.
    2. work for any certification. i have heard that microsoft gives some.
    3. read books, and study mostly on my own. (did C++ mostly through this way).
    These ideas just popped up in my mind. I dont know which is better. please give me some advice. please....

Hello,
    I am Madras, India. I did a lot of courses in computer science. Now i am very much interested in ASP development with VB. I want to be an expert in this area of development and will focus only on this. If you are interested in c++ then focus only on this subject. There is so much to learn and so focus and become an expert. Good Luck. Moh.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: i need some comments

hi friend

Its bit true about the education system,but its not good to go deep into it here!

You decide ,which field you are interested in like progamming,or networking etc.

Ofcourse you learned c++ on your own and learned it,this means you are having good understanding of programming language. doing course from good institute will always help you,if you want to go into programming.

First of all decide your field first! Also as you said you read books,continue this ,it will help you lot!
    But finally dont ignore your studies! If you get good percentage,then you can get many oppourtunities!So study well!Because for freshers percentage do matter a lot !

bye

:)
    NEVER SAY DIE.

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi watsgoing. vmshenoy has rightly pointed out about the importance of having good scores under your belt.

Well, don't think that our education system doesn't teach what is necessary for us in job. In fact it does! Even I was just like you wondering why a company would recruit me for what I was learning in my college. But when the time of interview came, I knew how important they just proved to be. I too read a lot of stuff apart from college teachings.

I really like you for having the attitude for learning by yourself. You'll be amazed to know how little is the population of such people who dare to learn new things on thier own in IT industry. Let me tell you abit about learning.

DO not focus on learning too many languages. Knowing a language like C++ means, you can learn ANY language. C++ is not the easiest of the languages to learn. Another generic programming language that you might have to learn is Java. Learn these properly and be a master of these two languages. (It is not too easy to be a master in either of these). Then focus on learning concepts like Operating System, Memory Management, Networking etc. Make sure you are profficient with the most common data structures and algorithms. (There are standard algorithms, learn them first).

All the above things you can do by yourself. Going to NIIT kinda places is rather waste. There are hardly any good trainers there. ( I had tried a couple of courses, within a week I knew more than my trainer!)

Start working on developing your concept, algorithm knowledge. And keep posting your queries whenevr you come across any. You have a lot of time to gain knowledge. SO be confident and march forward.

Make sure you get good scores in college as well (Which is very easy anyway).

All the best!

Cheers!
    Kalayama

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Answers

Hi watsgoing,
    i m also from pune, from which college u r and where r u staying and what is ur stream.
    cheers

Smile Re: hi

please understand the symantical and syntactical errors in any programming language.

always try to correct the symantical errors.

be a good programmer by doing the programming qualitatively.

do you know c compiler very well.

why ia m telling all this to you is because i'm in final year and you are in first year.

good luck

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: hi

hi,

well, my friend, do not curse the education system, if it has negative things then it also has positive aspect. explore the positive one.

and in the training provided in the companies, i do not think that its of any use, we learn when put into real time. i think that training is just to make u familiar with environment, to understand work culture, job responsinbilites and to understand business ettiquets.

and do not be careless abt scores in college, because that is the primary requirement(remember the cut off percentage in most of the companies).

and plz do not join any institutes, they are mere wastage. learn by yourself. and go through sites, to understand the real time problems during deveopment, because this is the most imp. thing.

choose any one language and try to be a master of it.(well the other truth is that u can never be master of any language). and also go through System analysis and Design, O/S concepts, algo's.

best of luck

Regards
    RSY