Thread: don't post like this....

Contributing Member
    Answers

don't post like this....

hi friends,

i saw lots of post contains repeated the same answer....
    And also like this "Yes correct".....If anybody ask the question is it correct? then you reply like this...Otherwise don't post like this...

i am not blaming anyone....just give my suggestion...

Be happy....Have a fun....

--------------
    suresh

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: don't post like this....

Hi Suresh,

Your suggestion is true...
    But the problem here is if i see some question and some time later i will try and find out the answer... If i come to post the answer then i will see the same answer is already posted... then i have to say that the previous post is correct to show that i also got the same answer... its nothing like i copied his solution or something like that...
    I think there is nothing wrong in this...

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi friends i agree with manoj, and i have been in the same situation (like the one which manoj wrote)! and suresh please dont mind , see whenever i give reply to a question, i always expect that some one should reply to it! what you told to write ("is the answer correct")seems bit vague, since when some one answers, its bit natural he is excited to know whether he is right or wrong. So atleast one should reply to it! i think many may not write "whether iam correct or wrong" in their posts, because it is taken by default that some one will reply to it!so it makes no sense to reply only when some one asks "whether he is correct?"!ofcourse telling someone he is right , doesnot hurt anyone else!or is it? but iam not against you : but i agree with you suresh ,when some one sees that already there are 3 posts (or more) which says above answer is "correct", then it makes no sense in writing the same thing again.:d bye :d

Last edited by vmshenoy; 01-15-2007 at 02:22 AM.
    :)
    NEVER SAY DIE.

Expert Member
    Answers

Well friends, there is another angle to it. It is not always about copying. It is all about value addition. If you feel that your post adds value to the discussion or if you feel you are posting the solution along with a different algorithm for solving or if you are posting something more that what others have already posted or may be you are giving the verdict (Let us say there are two answers one of which is wrong, and you want to say that one of them is correct and other is not) definitely you are adding value to the discussion.

Otherwise, the posts won't mean anything for the discussion and lead to "spamming". As a moderator, Suresh will have to ensure that each post adds value to the discussion. (One might argue that he wants to prove to the world that he too arrived at the solutuion, well according to me, once others have already solved there is no point posting the answer again.).

Hence think about value addition before you post, automatically your posts will turn out good. It doesn't matter if we misjudge in some occasions. Most of the times our posts will be good of we keep value addition in mind.

Please note it is no "Blame Game". It is our own effort to make this site better.

Cheers!
    Kalayama

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"