Thread: First digit of date is getting truncated

Expert Member
    Answers

First digit of date is getting truncated

HI in our application date accepts the value dd/mm/yyyy i am parameterizing in this field when i enter the date for eg 09/01/2007 into data table the first digit of the date i.e zero is getting truncated how to overcome this

NOTE : [This question was asked by ferozbm]

Answers

Re: First digit of date is getting truncated

If I get your question correctly, you are saying that you enter dates into the datatable and retrive it using a parameter into a field on the application you are testing.
    To solve the truncating 'Zero', you may put in an IF statement to check the # of strings coming from the datatable in each of the month and day sections. If it is less than 2, then add a 'Zero' to the front.
    Or, you may just use a format date function. Something like this;
    Format(DTBox, "dd/mm/yyyy")

Contributing Member
    Answers

Navigate this way ,
    Got to your Script folder --> Default excel sheet --> Format the date cell box as u want ( U cant do that in the global sheet) and Save it so that it wont get truncated when u r actally running the scripts

Expert Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JobHelper View Post
    HI in our application date accepts the value dd/mm/yyyy i am parameterizing in this field when i enter the date for eg 09/01/2007 into data table the first digit of the date i.e zero is getting truncated how to overcome this

NOTE : [This question was asked by ferozbm]
    Just put a " ' " (Single Quote) first and then enter the date (09/01/2007). Then it will take the date as you give (as it identifies it as String format and not date format).
    This will work for both internal datasheet or external datasheet