Thread: Introducing New Feature - Geekinterview Forum Glossary

Administrator
    Answers

Introducing New Feature - Geekinterview Forum Glossary

We are happy to announce the addition of new feature – Glossary, in geekinterview.com forum.

Glossary list for words, catch phrases, abbreviations and definitions. Members are encouraged to make use of this facility which opens yet another door for smooth sharing.

Glossary words get automatically tagged in all forum posting. Just move your mouse on tagged word and click on it to see instant description.

Below are few illustrations related to new Glossary

Glossary listing is available here
    http://www.geekinterview.com/talk/glossary.php

Want to add your own item to glossary list - click on link below
    http://www.geekinterview.com/talk/glossary.php?do=add

Screen Shot showing tagged glossary word

Kindly Note :
    • All submissions are subject to moderations.
    • Member’s are welcomed to suggest any new category to be considered for glossary.
    Thanks
    Admin

Expert Member
    Answers

Thumbs up Re: Introducing New Feature - Geekinterview Forum Glossary

hi admin

Very good feature! This will help us further!

what abt GD?

Bye
    Manu

:)
    NEVER SAY DIE.

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: Introducing New Feature - Geekinterview Forum Glossary

Hi admin i wanted to suggest a new feature, for the improvement of vocabulary!what i thought was that some1(tell the members to submit some tough words and select few words for a week).others can discuss the meaning of the word ,some sentences using that word should be made, so that v know where to use the word properly.probably it will be more interesting and easy way to learn the words than cramming it up from dictionary. I dont know how good and practical this idea is!but atleast i feel this is a feature which can make this site more helpful! bye

NEVER SAY DIE.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Introducing New Feature - Geekinterview Forum Glossary

hi admin

how to add the words to glossary! Its true that u have given the link to add, but i tried to do so,and when i submitted it showed added successfully!but iam not able to search the word added!

bye

NEVER SAY DIE.

Administrator
    Answers

vmshenoy

Please see the Note, we have mention that all submissions are subject to moderations.

Kindly Note :
    • All submissions are subject to moderations.
    Subject to Moderations means whatever you submit will apprear in the forum only after the moderators approve you submisssion.
    In case your submissions get approved by moderators, You will see it on Glossory.

Thanks
    Admin

Expert Member
    Answers

hi admin

does adding item to Glossary included in "Posts"?

plz tell when v add to a glossary,how do v know whether it already exists or not?
    Also plz tell me the new feature (vocabulary) is practical or not(I asked for vocab section and wrote my views in yesterday's posting)

bye

NEVER SAY DIE.

Expert Member
    Answers

The Gossary should be made "browsable". I was unable to see the list of Glossary terms present.

The minimum number of characters required or searching is now 3. Well, that ned not be necesary isn't it? Ideally I'd expect a blank search returnung all possible Glossary entries.

While posting or while reading a post, the glossary will be useful. But, with the current setup, I can't jut browse through the Gossary, can I?

May be we should make the Glossary browsable.

-Kalayama

Last edited by kalayama; 01-14-2007 at 04:54 AM.
    [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Expert Member
    Answers

HI Admin ,

I agree with Kalamaya . Please think about it once . IF it can improve more with these new features.That would be more benefical fo us .

Regards

Nikhil Rattan

Administrator
    Answers

Hello All,

We have only one category now ... we need to add more .... if you click on basic terms category that shows the complete list .....

I will look into eliminating 3 character restriction for search

Thanks,
    admin

Administrator
    Answers

here is the browse by category ... you need to open basic terms link

http://www.geekinterview.com/talk/gl...stglossary&c=1