Thread: Try this one?

Answers

Try this one?

There are three flasks containing Apple, Oranges and Mixed Fruits (Apple and Oranges) with Wrong Labels. How to correct the labels of the flasks by taking only one fruit out of the three flasks without changing the labels.

Try it.

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 12-22-2006 at 02:19 AM.
    Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Try this one?

The key hint given here is all the flasks are in with Wrong Labels.

If you take one fruit out of flake which is labeled as Mixed. It must contains either apples or oranges.

if it is an apple then...the one which is labled as apple must not be the mixed one. Because if it is the mixed one then the orange fruite box has the correct label.

So by taking only one fruit we can correct the labels

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Try this one?

1) If the flasks are transperant, I don't even need to take out a single fruit. I can label them properly (Assuming I know what apple and Orange are)
    2)if the flasks are not transperant, open the cap of the flask, look inside and labell them (To complete the rules specified, just pull out a fruit and check and keep it back). You have all the labells! As simple as that.

(Note: I haven't broken any of the rules specified in the question and the puzzle is solved]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"