Thread: Need Help-re-entering the job market wish to join the IT industry

Answers

Need Help-re-entering the job market wish to join the IT industry

Hi All,

I am from Mumbai , a widow now,i was a housewife but my after my husband's death since last year, i am back to square one i have restart my career , my life ...

I was suggested to do a course in Datawarehousing but did not get any job and then i was suggested to learn Java but still the industry is all geared only for freshers and i see no place for me.

I am a B.Sc. with Diploma in CS from NIIT ( 1997).I am really feeling very much discouraged can anyone help me / guide me.

Thankx in advance,
    JK

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Need Help-re-entering the job market wish to join the IT industry

Well Jassi a lot of things happen in life on which we have little control. You have taken the right path of fighting for a path.

There is no need to feel discouraged. You can learn either Datawarehousing or Java. That won't make much of a diference. Bothe have equal scope.

Yes. You are right most of the companies target freshers. Now, tell me do you have any previous experience in IT? (If you do have, that would help you a lot).

That shouldn't discourage you. Learn things first. Make sure you are an expert in any of the fields. (Either Java or Datawarehousing). Then you can get chances through employee refferals. There is a big crowd here. With luck, one of them might just be able to offer you some greater help.

Right now, focus on learning. All the best lady!

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Answers

Thank you very much for your reply and the suggestion , yes i have already finished the course but no interview calls as such.just preparing and preparing for the interview.

No i donot have any IT industry experience just that before marriage i was working as a faculty but i guess it was loooooong ago in the year 2000 and also faculty is not considered to be a IT experience.

Anyways,its just that i feel sad and depressed in my time nobody wanted freshers and now its freshers who they want.

thankx again,
    Regards,

JK

Expert Member
    Answers

That's how life works. Requirements keep changing. So to speak officially, you too are a fresher and people need freshers. But they define freshers as someonne who freshly graduated. That's sad.

I can suggest sureshot alternative of going to higher studies which will effectively make you a fresher. But it'll take two more years of yours.

Hence your best bet is to try through some friends. In a lot of small companies so called "Influence" or refferals work. Once you get into a small company, you can literally carve your career path. Once you have 2 years of experience, noone bothers about your history.

SO, try networking and getting into some company. I will surely let you know if I come across an opening in my Organization. (It has branches in Mumbai and Seepz)

Cheers!
    -Kalayama

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"