Thread: not able to seen some of the images...

Contributing Member
    Answers

not able to seen some of the images...

If i open the geekinterview sub forum, not able to seen some of the images...

In image properties it shows "Not Available".

I don't know this is my system problem....or our site problem...

If it is my system problem then plz tell me what can i do ?

Admin plz clarify this one...

-------------------
    suresh

Administrator
    Answers

Re: not able to seen some of the images...

Suresh,

Could you give me the direct link where you see the problem along with the path to images...

Thanks,
    admin

Expert Member
    Answers

Things look fine to me with the site.
    1)It is possible that your Flash player version is old. (Required to display some of the ads).
    2)It is possible that your net connection is slow... (In this case dumb browsers like IE won't load images.)
    3) You might be using IE, which in my opinion gives in-explainable errors.

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Contributing Member
    Answers

Yes you are correct....

I am using IE version of 6.0 and i don't have a flash player in my system..

May be my net connection going to be slow....

Thanks for your reply....

-------------------
    suresh

Expert Member
    Answers

You are most welcome. But honestly, IE6 is one of the obsolete, disgusting browsers available. I don't know why all these corporates use IE as standard browser. (May be because it comes free with windows).

I strongly recommend Opera or Firefox. Even without admin rights you can install them (Specially handy in a lot of corporates).

But a great plus about IE is a lot of the web pages are designed for IE. Hence it loads a lot of websites which other browsers can't.

Cheers,
    Kalayama

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Administrator
    Answers

had few problems with IE 6 and 7, got fed up and switched to FireFox ....

Expert Member
    Answers

I use Opera and Forfox. Have IE7 only to access M$ site at home.
    In office I have Opera, Firexfox and IE6.
    I manily use opera. Honestly a wonderful browser. Firefox is good too simply because of the extensions and add-ons we get for it. There are tonns of very good add-ons available as Firefox is opensource. Opera is free but not opensource.

-Kalayama

Contributing Member
    Answers

Admin and Kalayama,

Now i can see the images whatever i am not able to seen in the sub forum.....

Becuase Now i am using the firefox....

--------------------
    suresh

Expert Member
    Answers

See? Stupid, dumb IE. Somehow I hate M$ because of their $ making priorities and low business ethics.

In any case Firefox is a far better browser than IE.
    Make sure you install some o the minimum add-ons like Ad-Block Plus, filezilla, FlashGot, Some bookmarking add-on. Coolgris preview is a good add-on too. Also Yoono! is an interesting add-on. There's much much more on the Firefox website. Go check them out!

Last edited by kalayama; 12-20-2006 at 12:53 PM.