Thread: Performance testing manually?

Answers

Performance testing manually?

I am starting this thread to disscuss that performance testing can be done manually or not? Ya, it's possible theoratically but i want to discuss that in real any company do that , no matter in past or present?If anyone sure about that then only reply?

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Performance testing manually?

Yes you are absolutely correct,

Theoretically, Performance Testing (PT) can be done manually.
    But the % of people doing that these days is almost negligible. And due to the disadvantages of manual PT (huge requirements of finances, manpower, peripherals…etc), why should one choose the option.

Some companies tried to do PT manually before the introduction of PT tools. But they could not be as successful as they are today by automating the process. Simply coz, the spontaneity, synchronization, speed and rhythm requirements could not be fulfilled.

Any further clarifications? Feel free to ask

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Performance testing manually?

I hope sutnarcha has fairly answered jainbrijesh's question. Good going sutnarcha.

Yes its true previously theoretical assumptions and calculations were made on some algorithms. But since the tools have evolved it made easier to calculate and build accurate values.

Arun*