Thread: Testing Responsibility

Answers

Testing Responsibility

Is it true that Sanity Testing is done by tester and Smoke testing is done by developer?

NOTE : [This question was asked by Omair]

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Testing Responsibility

Yes,
    Smoke Testing should be done by developers as it is the test of successful development of build (as an application file), all it attachments (connectivity with Database/ Internet/ Servers, supporting files, etc) and the integration between them. It is evident that, it requires a lot of technical knowledge, thus should be done by developers.

Sanity testing is the test of smooth running of major functionalities in the s/w build. As it is to do with functionalities of the s/w, it can be done by the testing team.

Any further clarifications? Feel free to ask

Answers

That's nice

Thanks sutnarcha

Hope Omair now knows who does what

Answers

got some posted quotes from geekinterviews ..
    & from there i got an idea to ask you something...
    As i think you are an experienced person in Testing Field...

i am working in an software organization where i am doing manual testing..on various websites..using there own Quality Assurance tool for reporting bug & to interact with the client directly..means the client also can post his bug/issue directly after entering in our QAS & me as a tester will find bugs & forward it to the developer to fix it..
    So my problem is as i am not using any special tool like
    Mercury Test Director so i dont have any experience on that tool & i have seen many resumes with large experience on
    these tools so i think that working on these tools can provide me some Working Experience ..

So can anybody tell me Is i am getting the right experience over here or not???

Expert Member
    Answers

ashishhanda24

For your info, all quality assurance (QA) tools are same.

Whether it is Mercury dev or your company dev, the basic purpose of a QA tool is to help test the functionality of an application under testing and report bugs to the dev team.

Though, I have never worked on your co. dev QA tool, I am sure, it must be having almost all the features as in any of the Mercury dev QA tools. One should agree that, your co. QA tool may not be having some of the features that they thought would not be necessary.

As you are experienced in ur co. dev. QA tool, it would be a cake walk for you to learn Mercury dev QA tools.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-

Answers

Sanity testing is the responsibility of both.Developer confirms that the built is working, but it is possible that it will not work for test environment.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji