Thread: Win2K can't Boot-up

Expert Member
    Answers

Win2K can't Boot-up

Hi,

Can anybody tell me why my "microsoft windows 2000 professional" can't boot-up?

i have,
    microsoft windows 2000 professional in 'c' drive and
    microsoft windows xp professional in 'd' drive.

When i choose win2k in the initial boot menu, it shows the booting progress bar, completes it and also shows the blank desktop and mouse pointer. Few seconds after that, when its time to show the desktop icons, start-up menu and the task bar, everything disappears and the computer restarts on its own.

i am able to boot winxp and its working fine. my ‘boot.ini’ file is all fine!!! here are its contents.

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\windows="microsoft windows xp professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\winnt="microsoft windows 2000 professional" /fastdetect

please help. Thanks in advance

Last edited by sutnarcha; 12-12-2006 at 02:34 AM.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Win2K can't Boot-up

Hi,

With the reference of your shared information.

I conclude that you need to try repair ur operating system once.

If same problem again occur you have to reinstall the OS.

Regards

Nikhil Rattan