Thread: build means

Answers

build means

i want to know about build in a particular project. and how a tester will recive the build. (i think i am not asking the qeustion properly if so plz give a brief discription with example if posable.).

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: build means

A build is the result of development (coding) process in the SDLC. It is an application program (.exe) and can be run independently after its database is launched. Some applications may launch the database on its own when it is run.

The testing team may receive the build in different methods depending on weather the testing team is in-house or third party.

The in-house testing team may receive the build from Visual Source Safe (VSS) or from Configuration Repository (CR). As medium scale s/w companies can’t bare the expenses of a CR, they use VSS.

The third party testing team may either download the build from a safe location on the company intranet or may receive it from the development team in a CD.

Any further clarifications? Feel free to ask

Answers

thank u very much.

Banned
    Answers

Hi
    This is sydhu, i am new member of the this site,

Build is nothing but it is package(.exe),Test engineer is collected from development team and install the .exe we will start the testing.

Regards,
    Sydhu