Thread: How to do decriptive programming?

Answers

Exclamation Guidelines in QTP

Hi all can any one please send me guidline for programming in QTP.

Answers

How to do decriptive programming?

Can anyone advise how to do decriptive programming? Is it hard? Is their any tutorial? I dont know how to use it?

Note : [This Questions was asked by mann_se]

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: How to do decriptive programming?

A Geek Interview Thread Regarding a similar topic
    http://www.geekinterview.com/question_details/29575
    As far as I could get, decriptive programming is a collectibve term reffered to kind of Programming Method. And recently Microsot has come up with XAML or something which impliments/supports descriptive programming.

Last edited by kalayama; 12-07-2006 at 07:16 AM.
    [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Answers

It is not that much hard to Learn..It is very Easy.....First of all you need to know what are the mandatory and assistive properties for an object to recognize.

1). To do any thing with qtp we need OR. But if we use Descriptive program we can work with the objects which are not there in Object Repository. If we use descriptive program we can reduce the size of object repository. so QTp performance also increases.
    2)It Doesn’t use Object Repository. We need to write properties and values that describe the object within the statement or can assign to a description object and that object name in statement.
    It is useful when Object Repository is under repair or when we shouldn't use OB Rep.
    Eg:
    Browser("Dice.com - Job search").Page("Dice.com - Job search").WebEdit("FREE_TEXT").Set "tester"
    Browser("Title:=Dice.com - Job search").Page("Title :=Dice.com - Job search").WebEdit("Name:=FREE_TEXT","Type:=text").Set "tester"

It is XML based.

Answers

QTP Scripts in java language

Hi,

Can you tell me how can you write the QTP Scripts in java language as we can write the QTP Scripts in XML,Java and VB Language?

Regards,
    Vasavi.

Note : [This question was asked by Vasavi]

Expert Member
    Answers

Hai friend,

You can use vb script, java script, shell script

Thanks
    Deepa