Thread: base line document

Answers

base line document

what is baseline document. can any one say atleast two?

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: base line document

A Baseline document is defined as any official document that has gone through an initial approval process and was approved for use as intended. Thus a BDC is an alteration to or rewriting of any officially approved document. New documents are also announced with a BDC.

Answers

Thanx alot beena.&i have one more doubt i.e. What are exactly test metrics explain with reasonable example

Contributing Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by yagnkan View Post
    Thanx alot beena.&i have one more doubt i.e. What are exactly test metrics explain with reasonable example
    please take a look at this ...

http://www.geekinterview.com/question_details/16371

Answers

Hi,

As Beena correctly mentioned, a Baseline Document is an official document and suppose a softweare releases its version 3.0 in the market today, now the various documents which have undergone changes and finally when no more requirements change, the documents (may be related to development, testing, post deveopment, maintainance, planning, design etc) become frozen. Hence, the concept behind this example is that all the documents have now been baselined for the next version 3.0. Hence all the documents of the version 2.0 will now be treated as the baseline documents for version 3.0

Thanks,
    Nikhar

Expert Member
    Answers

good explanation beena