Thread: Increase a decimal number storing in hexadecimal

Answers

Increase a decimal number storing in hexadecimal

Is there a way to store a decimal number in hexadecimal in order to increase its number of decimal positions? For instance, I have a variable 99999.99 but I would like to store in hexadecimal but with at least 5 decimal positions like 99999.99999?

Best regards,

Rafael Mazzeo

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Increase a decimal number storing in hexadecimal

The answer is 'yes.'

How you do it depends on the language you're asking about. You didn't specify that.

The common languages are assembler, clist, rexx, c, shell scripting or COBOL. I'm assuming COBOL since that's the skill level of this site.

Simply use the MOVE to move the dec variable to hex. The system automatically handles the case translation.

If you're asking about a specific language, please let me know and I'll get more specific.