Thread: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Answers

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Hi:

I am running a .net 2.0 application on a Windows 2000 server running IIS6. When I execute my code locally it works fine but on the server I receive the error:

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C5CBD7B2-490C-45F5-8C40-B8C3D108E6D7} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C5CBD7B2-490C-45F5-8C40-B8C3D108E6D7} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Answers

Re: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Did you get any solution for the problem?
    I do have similar issue - I even installed Excel on the server. But it looks like working only for administrators not for regular users.

Did add ASPNET/NETWORK SERVICE users and change permissions but no luck?

Please let me know if you find any solution for the error.

Thanks!