Thread: Mapping CustomWin

Answers

Mapping CustomWin

Hi
    I have this application which i am trying to automate. Silktest identifies all objects as CustomWin. I have been able to map most of them to the appropriate standard classes, expect this one object (PropertyGrid/PropertyGridView), which looks like one or combination of table, listview, grid or tree. I have tried mapping these 2 CustomWin to table, listview, grid or tree but each time i hit a getcontents, the contents turn out to be blank. What i need to do is to fetch the key, value pairs.
    I have attached the snapshot of the object which i am trying to map and the snapshot of the window declaration.
    Can someone suggest what class mappings i can try? or anything else that can get me the key /value pairs?

Thanks in advance.
    Sajith

Attached Images Attached Images

Answers

Re: Mapping CustomWin

Hi,
    Can someone help please?
    Cheers
    Sajith

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi Sajith

There are a few custom controls that don't respond to class mapping (such as TreeViews, Grids, and StaticText). However, TypeKeys and mouse events can be used on them.
    Also i came to know recently that the GetContents() function seems to return nothing for TreeViews. May be this is the reason why you are not able to get the contents

Nice scenario. Let me see if i can help you with this. Where there is a will there is a way!
    The research is "ON"

Regards
    Sabarish S

Last edited by sabariish; 05-09-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sabariish View Post
    hi sajith there are a few custom controls that don't respond to class mapping (such as treeviews, grids, and statictext). However, typekeys and mouse events can be used on them. Also i came to know recently that the getcontents() function seems to return nothing for treeviews. May be this is the reason why you are not able to get the contents nice scenario. Let me see if i can help you with this. Where there is a will there is a way! the research is "on" regards sabarish s
    hey sajith

well as i said earlier treeviews, grids, and statictext are not supported by the class map feature of silktest. So here is what a sketch of things u need to do inorder to map your class:- - do you have any idea about extension kit in silktest? if your answer is yes then your task can be accomplished. I have never worked with extension kit, but i have a little idea about it. What you would require to d o here is with the help of extension kit, create a dll which - for example, add a message handler that says that if any object of this class receives a message called "getvalue", get the contents of the listbox, send a message back to the process that sent the message, and send it the value. On the silktest side you define a new class to support the object and add a method that sends/receives the message to the supported object. I know its getting complex but if you want to give it a try you can always do so. Also read the help for extension kit guide for windows in the documenation folder of the siktest. Keep me posted with your findings

Regards

sabarish s

Answers

Hi Sabarish,
    I'm glad you looked at this post. What you just suggested sounds more than rocket science to me. I know there is something called Extension Kit in Silk but I have no clue what it does. Perhaps now is the time to learn. I think i might need some help from some of my developer friends on this one. Thanks for the clue.
    I shall let you know as soon as I have something goin. Keep me posted if you find something as well.
    Cheers
    Sajith

Answers

Hi Sabarish,
    I kinda skimmed through the extension kit documentation.
    At the risk of sounding too stupid and silly i would like to confirm that this solution you suggested, would require inclusions in the code (i.e. AUT)? The dll you suggest i write will function like an API... some kinda test harness???
    If the answer is yes, then i am afraid it might not be possible because I have no access to the code; unless there is something in the SDK that can help me.
    Am I missing something???
    Cheers
    Sajith

Contributing Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sajithkutty View Post
    Hi Sabarish,
    I kinda skimmed through the extension kit documentation.
    At the risk of sounding too stupid and silly i would like to confirm that this solution you suggested, would require inclusions in the code (i.e. AUT)? The dll you suggest i write will function like an API... some kinda test harness???
    If the answer is yes, then i am afraid it might not be possible because I have no access to the code; unless there is something in the SDK that can help me.
    Am I missing something???
    Cheers
    Sajith
    Hi Sajith,

Yes sometimes! but it might not be required if the application supports the needed messages.

Regards
    Sabarish

Answers

I have the same problem, my AUT is a C/S application and is built on .Net framework 2.0.
    sajithkutty, how did you solve this problem?
    Thanks.