Thread: datawarehouse

Answers

datawarehouse

can someone clearly differenciate between physical design and logical design
    in datawarehouse.
    thanks in advance.

Re: datawarehouse

hello all,
    let me know much information about datawarehouse.

Answers

prathibhaMadineni, if could put in this discussion what aspect you want to know in datawarehouse I could give my points to clarify your query.Because datawarehouse is a elaborate topic and you should be specific what is your query in this.

Answers

Logical design is what you draw with a pen and paper or design with Oracle Warehouse Builder or Oracle Designer before building your data warehouse. Physical design is the creation of the database with SQL statements.During the physical design process, you convert the data gathered during the logical design phase into a description of the physical database structure.

Answers

A datawarehouse is a repository(or archive)of information gathered from multiple sources,stored under a unified schema, at a single site.Once gathered the data are stored for a long time,permitting access to historical data.