Thread: Limitations of C

Answers

Limitations of C

What are the disadvantages of C?
    Why we need a support of OOPS language?

answer me detail?

Answers

Smile Re: Limitations of C

i want limitations of c pls help me......pls send as soon as possible plsssss.....................

Answers

Re: Limitations of C

C is a wast language till date many programming languages have came but C still stood stand alone and its great to see its power.
    as such there is no limitation of C, only a slight disadvantage i.e pointer (bt only for those who dnt knw d power of pointer )

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Limitations of C

Depending on the kinds of applications you want to write, C has a number of disadvantages:

• Weak text processing capabilities - C's string library is extremely primitive (it doesn't even define an actual string type), and text processing is labor-intensive and error-prone;
    • Security and safety issues - several library functions (gets() being the most notorious) provide easy exploits for malware, and anything involving pointers is going to be unsafe (it's hard to guard against being passed an invalid pointer);
    • Weak memory management capabilities - Like text processing, managing memory in C is labor-intensive and error-prone;
    • No built-in collections library - C doesn't provide ready made collections (lists, queues, stacks, etc.), meaning you have to roll your own;
    • No built-in support for networking, sound, graphics, etc. - C is a product of the early 1970s and it shows; byte streams are about the highest level of abstraction you're going to find in the C library.

I'm probably forgetting a few.