What is multi tasking, multi programming, multi threading?
Multi programming: Multiprogramming is the technique of running several programs at a time using timesharing.It allows a computer to do several things at the same time. Multiprogramming creates logical parallelism. The concept of multiprogramming is that the operating system keeps several jobs in memory simultaneously. The operating system selects a job from the job pool and starts executing a job, when that job needs to wait for any i/o operations the CPU is switched to another job. So the main idea here is that the CPU is never idle. Multi tasking: Multitasking is the logical extension of multiprogramming .The concept of multitasking is quite similar to multiprogramming but difference is that the switching between jobs occurs so frequently that the users can interact with each program while it is running. This concept is also known as time-sharing systems. A time-shared operating system uses CPU scheduling and multiprogramming to provide each user with a small portion of time-shared system. Multi threading: An application typically is implemented as a separate process with several threads of control. In some situations a single application may be required to perform several similar tasks for example a web server accepts client requests for web pages, images, sound, and so forth. A busy web server may have several of clients concurrently accessing it. If the web server ran as a traditional single-threaded process, it would be able to service only one client at a time. The amount of time that a client might have to wait for its request to be serviced could be enormous. So it is efficient to have one process that contains multiple threads to serve the same purpose. This approach would multithread the web-server process, the server would create a separate thread that would listen for client requests when a request was made rather than creating another process it would create another thread to service the request.So to get the advantages like responsiveness, Resource sharing economy and utilization of multiprocessor architectures multithreading concept can be used
Showing Answers 1 - 1 of 1 Answers
- What is differrence between multifile and adhoc files?
- How do we use or operator with desc programming.
- Which is best domain for testing ?
- Python programming
- If else in c++
- Write a c/c++ program to add a user to MySQL.
- Usage of copy statement in cobol
- What is index property in descriptive programming?
- How many types of inheritance is there in c#?
- Programming in c
- Multi user os
- A multi-way search tree
- Solve this programming task in language of preference
- C program to compare two text files
- Implementation of de-queue
- How to differentiate the websites of different technologies!!!!
- 4 hp programming languages
- C++ open ended experiment
- Layer2 software design
- C++ programming function help